As a patient at the Surgery Center of Silverdale, LLC, you have the right to:
- Considerate, respectful care at all times and under all circumstances with recognition of your personal dignity.
- Information necessary to give informed consent prior to the start of your procedure, which will include your diagnosis, treatment, risks, and prognosis, to the degree known. When it is medically inadvisable to give such info directly to you, it will be made available to an appropriate person on your behalf.
- Confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution, spiritual care and communication. Except as required by law, you have the right to approve or refuse the release of records. If communication restrictions are necessary for patient care and safety, the facility must document and explain the restrictions to the patient and family.
- The opportunity to participate and agree in decisions involving your health care, unless contraindicated by concerns for your health.
- Make decisions about medical care, including the right to accept or refuse treatment and to leave the facility even against the advice of your physician.
- Refuse to participate in experimental research.
- Receive written and verbal discharge instructions prior to leaving the facility.
- Receive instructions for obtaining emergency care if needed after discharge.
- Change your provider if other qualified providers are available.
- Information concerning the center’s policy regarding advanced directives.
- Impartial access to treatment regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, handicap or disability.
- Receive an itemized bill for all services and be informed of the fees and payment policies of the center.
- Know the identity and professional status of individuals providing service to you.
- Expect that marketing and/or advertising conducted by the Center is not misleading.
- Report any comments or file a grievance regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished, without fear of retribution, reprisal or denial of care and have any grievance reviewed by the center within 48 hours of receipt and receive a written response within 5 business days after the review is completed.
As a patient at the Surgery Center of Silverdale, LLC, you have the responsibility to:
- Provide to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about your present health status, past medical history and medications, including over the counter products as well as any allergies or sensitivities.
- Follow the treatment plan recommended by your provider, including the instruction of nurses and other health professional as they carry out the physician’s orders.
- Provide an adult to transport you home after surgery and stay with you for 24 hours.
- Indicate whether you clearly understand a contemplated course of action and what is expected of you.
- Be liable for your actions if you refuse treatment, leave the facility against medical advice and/or do not follow your provider’s instructions relating to your case.
- Provide accurate information regarding your address, phone number, and insurance.
- Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by your insurance.
- Notify your provider and the center about advance directives including any living will, power of attorney or other directives that you desire us to know about.
- Be respectful of health care providers and staff, as well as other patients.
- Follow the facility policies and procedures affecting patient care and conduct.
You may submit a complaint orally or in writing to the address below. The Center will respond within 30 days of receiving your complaint.
9800 Levin Road, Suite 102
Silverdale, WA 98383
You also have the right to file a complaint with the state:
WA State Department of Health
PO Box 47857
Olympia WA 98504-7857
If you are a Medicare beneficiary and need assistance, contact the Office of the Medicare Ombudsman via their web site: